BRN 6.00% 26.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Can I proffer this thought on the research budget question. In...

1. 9,616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25046
    Can I proffer this thought on the research budget question.

In science and engineering you start with an idea. That idea can come from observation.
    Sir Isaac Newton witnessed an apple falling from a tree or Archimedes observing the level of a bath change as he got in and out.

The idea is often the hardest thing to come by. How many hundreds of generations of humanity saw apples falling from trees or observed water rise and fall in a bath before these to genius of their time made the connection.

Then consider the idea that Professor Barry Marshall had that stomach ulcers may be caused by infection and how he proved his idea that won the Nobel Prize and changed lives across the world.

Budget does not guarantee the idea will appear magically from any old human brain only special brains have the idea.

Albert Einstein had ideas and left many as theories that scientists to this very day are seeking to disprove or supplant with a better theory.

Revolutionary world changing ideas cannot be bought.

Peter van der Made had the idea how to create artificial intelligence using spiking neural networks in a way that no one else in the world had imagined.

Peter van der Made found Anil Mankar and having the right idea to work with they set about their joint mission to give it life.

I have mentioned this Irish joke previously but it has great insight and this insight is why the size of the budget is irrelevant if you start with the right idea:

An English tourist was travelling over hill and dale hopelessly lost trying to work out how to get to Dublin. After hours of going round in circles he sees a Leprechaun of a man smoking his pipe leaning against a gate post.

He pulls up and says “My good man I am trying to get to Dublin and your Irish roads are poorly thought out and badly sign posted so I demand you tell me immediately which way to go?” Well the Irish man takes a deep suck of his pipe and replies “Dublin you say.Well to be sure if I was going to Dublin I would not be starting from here,” and with another suck of his pipe turns and walks away.

The important thing to know is where to start from and Peter van der Made obviously did and as a result got to where he and Anil Mankar were going first and by the most direct route.

As he and Anil proceeded they took the time to blow up the bridges behind them with an explosive called patents.

My opinion only DYOR
    FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.5¢
Change
0.015(6.00%)
Mkt cap ! $491.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 27.0¢ 25.0¢ $1.902M 7.353M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 55878 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 1088070 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 4.29 %)
Open High Low Volume
26.0¢ 27.0¢ 25.0¢ 3815777
Last updated 15.59pm 23/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.