AGY 0.00% 3.8¢ argosy minerals limited

As owners of the company at a time like this when we may be...

1. 14,033 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8530
    As owners of the company at a time like this when we may be structuring an equity stake for a new major investor, one of the things we don’t need is shorters artificially depressing the share price. All that does is discount that equity, worsening the deal for the current owners/holders.
    Yes I know, you’re just a trader and this is all just a game to you as another financial instrument to scalp pips off others, but it works against the genuine investors in this business - many of them having been here for years and supporting the company directly via multiple capital rounds, which, btw, is the principal purpose of the stock market. Imo, shorting is just a “tool” designed to scalp money, has nothing to do with that primary purpose of the stock market, and shouldn’t even be permitted. But the BEOT thrive on it, and so it is allowed, just like selling order flow and high-speed connections straight to the mainframe... go figure.
    So it’s not about “hitting a nerve”, it’s about shorters working against the interests of the business and its owners (not to mention their ability to actually force additional sell volume - from which they can cover - by triggering stops and margin calls). Simple.

Ps. I hope your shorts are all reported in a timely and accurate manner - my detailed assessment of some other stocks highlighted how sloppy and shoddy this was, despite being a “requirement”. I’m not surprised that the so-called regulator turns a blind eye.

Anyway, like many things, being “legal”, doesn’t make it “ok” imo !

Imo
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $55.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.0¢ 3.8¢ $131.9K 3.384M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 872154 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 990329 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.