MSB 8.25% $1.05 mesoblast limited

2022 let's look forward

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Last night clearly drew a line under one of the more discussed opportunities over the last 12 months. So I am going to wrap up Novartis and store it away for ever. Probably in the bags under my eyes after another Mesoblast induced sleepless night.

The time needed excuse for Novartis to study data was well passed its "use by date" for some months. The pull out appears to be from the interview in the Sydney Herald about which ARDS to develop. It seems as if Novartis were only interested in All Cause Ards perhaps a slightly longer project than Mesoblast which sees Covid Ards as the driver could agree to.

I would have thought that Covid Ards approval would cement All Cause Ards so what exactly was it that prevented the deal to be done? Over to you SI on that one. Its important as it provides clarity about the next steps.

As someone has pointed out, the last trial was paid for by NIH. With our data and focus on who we treat, with the data already collected, success in the focussed group means a lot of lives saved and Intensive Care beds freed up. Why wouldn't the NIH not want to get involved? If not them, then let's know how much and how long and any other prospective partners.

My only consolation is that our board would have known it was nothing to do with Data Analysis for some months, so being that they are competent operators, they would already be planning a no Novartis future. This update before the end of the year may be revealing.

The collective wisdom of the Hot Copper board seems to have concluded that a meeting has taken place with OTAT. I had hoped for a decision following that meeting ie "congratulations you have passed". However if it has taken place, then there must be more of the process to follow as either way "yes or no", they would have had to updated the market. SI has consistently reassured us that OTAT/Potency work is going to plan and a major reversal on this progress would be serious. Again the update at the end of the year must give us accurate information. Everything depends on this as I believe we have enough data to be confident of the outcome of any trials we might need to do.

I am a long term holder, and I believe that valuable progress on potency and the understanding of how we treat inflammation and the sweet spot has been the big success of this year. Dr Perrin has articulated this far better than me. However although he was talking about the biggest opportunity, it is not the only opportunity. We have shored up our cash flow and provided our OTAT process successfully works through, then we can look forward to 2022 with great optimism. I think far from the FDA working behind the scenes to destroy us, you will find that they actually would be very happy for us to succeed. And succeed is what we will do

So I am, even after yesterday looking forward to a great 2022 and i expect SI to clearly explain why and how (and answer our questions) on the next conference call before the end of December.

Regards
    Yelrom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.05
Change
0.080(8.25%)
Mkt cap ! $1.198B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.06 99.0¢ $4.930M 4.779M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23545 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.05 339479 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.