MMI 0.00% 4.9¢ metro mining limited

Morning too you too mate, yeah your right, MMI is just one of a...

1. 7,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2698
    Morning too you too mate, yeah your right, MMI is just one of a handful that Im referring too, its crazy how often the same old story repeats on the ASX.

For others interested hes referring to a post I made looking at the history of stocks on the ASX which I found quite eye opening so thought I would share.

Since inception of the ASX there have been around 37 500 companies listed on the ASX, and only around 2 300 left listed today, so only 6% of all listed companies ever listed on ASX are still listed, and of that small percentage of survivors listed only around 500 make money.

Out of those 500 companies (around 20% of the current listed stocks, or just 1.3% of the all companies that have been ever listed in Australia) that are profitable and paying dividends, interestingly but maybe not surprising nearly half of their combined total profits and dividends come from just six companies – the big four banks, BHP and RIO, which are all more than 100 years old.

Around 110 other companies listed (around 5% of companies listed today, or under 0.003% of all companies ever listed ) are profitable but pay no dividends.

That leaves the remaining 75% of currently-listed companies around 1,720 companies that are barely solvent and will probably run out of money at some point and suffer the same fate as the 33,000 other companies over the years that just dissappear from the ASX worthless.

Its quite dismal when you look at the reality of it all, but using that info just shows really it is so hard to get a winner, the overwhelming majority of listed companies in any given era are speculative stocks with nothing but hope and hype and almost all will disappear worthless, it really cant be argued as its data backed that 98% of stocks listed dissappear worthless.

So who are the real big winners with most of the stocks that end up worthless, its the lead brokers who make money raising for the company, the management and staff of the company who get paid great salaries along the way, before the company is worthless. Basically the theme is management win, shareholders lose, a sobering reality.

Im not saying this will be the case with MMI, its just good to have this knowledge of the reality here with stocks on the ASX , realise how hard it is to get on a winner and in most cases, 98% infact, wont be winners at all, for me the big lesson is we should be taking profits a long the way, which there were great profits to be had here with MMI before this last year.

I hope holders get a chance to take some off again !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $291.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.8¢ $1.326M 26.57M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1188515 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 563781 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.30pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ 5801219
Last updated 13.30pm 07/06/2024 ?
MMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.