DEL 5.88% 3.6¢ delorean corporation limited

I'm happy to hear NZ will be completed and handed-over next...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I'm happy to hear NZ will be completed and handed-over next month. Hopefully the Bordertown build will be behind us soon too. The projects have cost us money through inflation and old contracts signed pre-Covid. It feels like the BLM and NZ active projects have gone on for so long. These legacy builds must be a distraction from the $500 million Build / Own / Operate / Maintain pipeline sites which we expect to be the future direction of DEL.

Although the ESG report, NZ completion update and joining the UN group are not price sensitive, I appreciate the indication of progress being made by this company. I like the detailed messages on Twitter and LinkedIn showing these announcements. It gives an investor something to hang one's hat on amidst the obviously disappointing share price performance. The further down the road we can travel with developing the pipeline and getting approvals, plus obtaining state gas licences and joint partnerships with ASX200 companies, the more we have in the way of tangible enterprise value.

I really hope we do not lose focus by planning more BOOM projects in remote locations following on from the BLM oat husk digester project. We've already got $500 million of projects in the works plus Yarra Valley. The SA1, VIC1, the potential NSW Brickworks site, and talk of a QLD1 site FID early next year is MORE than enough for a 20 million dollar cap company. We are already spreading ourselves very thin in my opinion. A $200 million market cap company with ten times the number of employees of DEL would have enough work with all these proposed sites. According to the ESG report (pg. 20), Delorean has just 33 employees (26 of whom are based in Perth). I imagine most of the work there is administrative -- producing PPT reports, planning the various pipeline sites, applying for permits, purchasing materials, organising contractors on the ground for the sites in NZ, Shepparton, Adelaide, Bordertown, etc.

There will come a point for me (possibly six months from now) where there needs to be definitive action with breaking ground at SA1 and VIC1, a firm committment with Brickworks, and set-in-stone financing. Otherwise, the pipeline will prove to be just a pipe dream. In which case, we are left with maintenance contracts for a couple of built-for-others sites, and a WA retail energy business (plus the Yarra Valley build). Not enough for me to stay interested and stick around.

Axed is correct. If / when finance is obtained (and the stubborn inflation / rising interest rates situation concerns me), 9 cents per share will look dirt cheap. I will likely be kicking myself for not buying a truckload of shares at 9 cents; because the 15+ cent new-reality will seem so obvious with hindsight! This stock remains high risk and speculative though. Finance approval will, in a way, de-risk our investment and create certainty. This will it be / won't it be approved finance situation is a major drag on sentiment. The longer it takes, the more the share price will likely drift downwards. And if finance is NOT able to be obtained through Planum Partners, confidence in management takes a big hit because it's all but been promised for so long now (eg. "We're in the very final stages and an announcement is imminent").

I also agree with Axed regarding NSW / Brickworks. An announcement that Brickworks is (mostly) funding the NSW site creates certainty of future earnings and will help the share price.

At least with the shares this low, there is surely less chance of another cap raise! I think I read where the IPO was five times over-subscribed. It's a pity Hamish and Joe didn't sell 49% of the company at $1.00 a share instead of only asking for 20 cents; and use that money to really get stuck into this pipeline. Maybe it doesn't work that way and we still wouldn't have raised much more through the IPO.

There aren't a lot of buyers for this stock but also there aren't many sellers. For weeks now, 1.1 million of the sell volume has been at an unrealistic 18-19 cents. Although I see this afternoon where a single sell order for 1.5 million shares has entered the market at 9.5 cents (Is Regal still on the register?) and will create an obstacle. Two DEL shareholders are listed with exactly 1.5 million shares as substantial shareholders on the marketwatch.com.au website. Not important, I guess.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.002(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $7.765M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.6¢ 3.2¢ $4.901K 140.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 749 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.