AVM 11.5% 2.9¢ advance metals limited

..????.., page-9

1. 22,691 Posts.
    Most countries have laws (Australia would have too, I think that when a state of emergency is declared over an area, the legal Govt can aquire any vehicles they like for any purpose they want to use them.

I would think that in the Congo, the army can requisition anything they want and legally, the Company has to comply. (We are talking about a legal Govt here)

The company need not even need to know what these vehicles are being used for; that is not their business.

That they knew that there was a rebel uprising didn't detract from any obligation to lent the vehicles as a Govt is there to maintain order. That is their duty.

If any troops went too far, then the Company can't be blamed as they were not in charge of any operation; presumably a captain was.

That House isn't worth talking about as it is a straightforward business transaction. One can't expect a Manager to live in a tent or some contraption covered with palm leaves.

That a Govt member is on the Board is natural as is the case in all companies in Africa where they have a stake; they are entitled to be there and it makes the overall business less risky. And of course it pays to have good relations with the Govt.

Gerry

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.9¢
Change
0.003(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $3.927M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.9¢ 2.4¢ $36.69K 1.440M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25692 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 51842 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.