SYA 2.94% 3.5¢ sayona mining limited

I kind of see the lithium market like the housing market during...

1. 1,326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    I kind of see the lithium market like the housing market during a recession.
    Houses plummet. Everyone panics. Then in about 18 months time, they are back to record highs.
    We are in a good position to survive a fall in lithium prices. We have the plant and we have no debt.

Right now the combination of an uncertain economic time, lithium price falls and people taking advantage of any weakness in the market they can find results in what is currently happening.

It's happening to most of the sector. SYA has probably been hit the hardest, but to be fair the CEO just got replaced, we have a massive SOI, the offtake deal hurts, we aren't at nameplate capacity yet and our income won't be reflective of what it could have been before the massive Li price drop.

The question is do all the explorers now pull back, off the back of lowering lithium prices ? Will there be delays in new projects getting off the ground ? If so, then that's a positive for us. I mean it's the reason we got NAL in the first place. We took advantage of a market that had dipped to being unprofitable to most suppliers.

I think many of us are in the red on this stock, but I've made the decision I'm in it for the long run, and won't concern myself too much with the current situation. I mean it went from nothing to 39 cents as a speccy stock, then back down to it's current levels. Doesn't mean it can't happen again when things straighten themselves out. And I am backing it in that SYA can carry themselves through the bad times to get to that point. And yes, I think a few things need to change to ensure this, and only time will let us know if that is going to happen.

But selling now isn't an option for me. I've made some $$ from this stock and what I have remaining can stay there now as there is no point selling at a loss when I don't need to sell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $360.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.5¢ 3.4¢ $541.2K 15.74M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
53 9263496 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 7363594 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.