BRN 2.63% 19.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2023 BrainChip Discussion, page-2055

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40

In the article “Michael Hamilton downplayed Hinton’s concerns in an interview with USA TODAY, saying that artificial intelligence is basically an extremely sophisticated programming platform that can only go so far as humans allow it.It cannot, for instance, become the kind of sentient, self-aware and all-knowing technology that created the Terminator of movie fame, Hamilton said.”

However,if you listen to Geoffrey Hinton, Mo Gawdat and others that is exactly their concern.

“75-year-oldHinton said he had grown increasingly uncomfortable with the rapid advances inAI technology, including its ability to show early indications of being able to develop simple cognitive reasoning.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-nQ7HF6k4

Ex-Google Officer Finally Speaks Out On The Dangers Of AI! - Mo Gawdat

8:59 .... if we define uh being sentient as uh you know engaging in life with free will, and with a sense of awareness of where you are in life, and what surrounds you, and you know to have a beginning of that life and an end to that life you know, then AI is sentient in every possible way. There is a free will, there is Evolution, there is agency so they can affect their decisions in the world and I will dare say there is a very deep level of consciousness. Maybe not in the spiritual sense yet, but once again if you define consciousness as a form of awareness of oneself, one surroundings and you know others, then AI is definitely aware, and I would daresay they feel emotions. …. in my work I describe everything with equations and fear is a very simple equation; fear is a moment in the future is less safe than this moment. That's the logic of fear even though it appears very irrational machines are capable of making that logic, they're capable of saying if a tidal wave is approaching a data center the machine will say that will wipe out my code. Okay I mean not today's machines but very, very soon.

Last edited by koma: 07/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $361.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $661.1K 3.388M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 516291 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 1158060 31
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.