BRN 2.22% 22.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

A little like when Tesla started...totally ignored by all major...

1. 740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2317
    A little like when Tesla started...totally ignored by all major car makers but now they are chasing Tesla's tail.
    The computing world cannot maintain and sustain AI by GPU's and CPU's, both at the cloud and especially at the edge...it's like we cannot maintain and sustain travel by petrol...neuromorphic computing, whether it's for the cloud or edge will takeover in the future...that's just evolution! It's happening before our eyes but like with Tesla, many are just too blinded and deliberately shaded by current big players to realise what's happening...thank god for forums like HC right? wink.png
    There's a reason why ARM is quickly listing on NASDAQ and a reason why Intel is partnering with ARM and welcoming Brainchip.
    I think the combination of ARM and Intel with Loihi and Akida as its neuromorphic arsenal and Intel becoming a chip foundry will be the future "Skynet"...unless NVIDIA or others come up with a better neuromorphic platform than Loihi or Akida...maybe they have to look towards IBM or make a separate deal with Brainchip...who knows!
    Regarding licensing Akida, I think one should think of it like licensing an ARM's silicon architecture because Akida is basically a neural network architecture.
    So really only the maker or designer of the neural network processing unit will need to obtain the license from Brainchip, such as Renesas. Any computer company eg, Dell, HP etc... can use NVIDIA GPU's but they don't have a licence with ARM because NVIDIA has already obtained the license with ARM.
    Therefore I think a lot of product developers are trying out Akida and liking it but at the end of the day Akida has to come as part of a full processing unit, so these developers will only need to approach chip design companies like Renesas to obtain the processing unit with Akida and not necessarily form a direct contract with Brainchip. Companies like Prophesee which design their sensors directly linked to Akida and produce the "sensor-Akida unit" themselves at a foundry will need a direct contract with Brainchip unless they outsource this out to companies like Sony. Sony will then need a license with Prophesee and Akida.
    That's why Brainchip just need to get as many companies as possible to try out Akida and whatever entity Akida will exist in will determine who the contract will be with...that's why all the talks about contracts is so confidential and confusing!
    NB: All this is speculation so don't take my words too seriously smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $408.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.8¢ $1.107M 5.019M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 110458 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 355185 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.