BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

The Brainchip journey...I've thrown this schematic together to...

1. 5,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3442

The Brainchip journey...

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5601/5601663-806cdc34f3e828ac26852db94852d84f.jpg

I've thrown this schematic together to help visualize the BRN journey and to help understand where we might be heading.

BRN have chosen the long route to market which is the IP licensing path (a well trodden path in tech industries) by first developing their unique neuromorphic compute technology and then seeking to license the technology to others who then design and develop ASIC (application specific integrated circuits) that have edge AI capabilities.

These ASIC are then embedded in products. These products are then manufactured and ONLY once they are generating sales will the license fees starting flowing back to BRN.

While a longer path to market (could be 3 to 5 years from when they first started setting-up the BRN Ecosystem (GREEN in the above schematic) the end result could generate a much larger (recurrent) revenue stream - the gift that keeps on giving.

The Grey Zone
    Right now, we are sitting in the Grey Zone waiting for potential customers to complete R&D and start pushing products out into the market.

I am calling it the "Grey Zone" because we (as BRN shareholders) have very little visibility into what is happening. BRN are probably not able to disclose which companies are in development with Akida IP and how close they are to getting their products into market.

One can only assume that having come this far in developing very effective neuromorphic technologies (we know it works - and we know it has high performance) and having signed-up some very credible Ecosystem partners, and looking at the TOP GLOBAL edge AI players, and the projected market size ---> that something should come out of this.

The trick is to not let the fact the it takes 3 to 5 years to develop products and into market, fool you into thinking BRN has failed.
    We are still somewhere in the GREY ZONE - and we have no idea how far along the development path we are, or indeed even how many customers are working with Akida IP.

It's just too early to know.

IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $343.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 18.5¢ 16.5¢ $1.865M 10.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 1001708 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 167790 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.