AGY 8.70% 5.0¢ argosy minerals limited

2023 Charts, page-1481

1. 5,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2213
    I don't know what the big deal is. I wasn't for a moment attacking the Seagull. I've always had high respect for him, I've expressed great respect for him, I've thanked him and expressed my appreciation many times.

He owes none of us anything, he can post or not post whenever he likes, for whatever reason he chooses, whether that's because of what's going on with the company, the Hot Copper discussions, or his own private life. That's entirely his choice.

I was merely making the observation that there is a strong correlation between sentiment and the number of posts per week he makes. I pointed out there are many possible explanations and I didn't know which it was, I just said the correlation existed. The milkman went as far as posting a chart which shows it clearly. You can like or dislike the milkman, I know many hate him, but hey, the reality is what it is.

What's the problem? It's entirely Seagull's prerogative to post as much or little as he likes whenever he likes. It's not criticism, it's just a thing which exists. I'm not sure why people are accusing me of attacking him or accusing him of being biased, and to be entirely clear, I wasn't at any stage wanting to say or imply that (maybe some people confused me mentioning gcar's obvious bias in the same post, thinking it was directed at Seagull? If I was insufficiently clear I'm sorry for that, Seagull, it certainly wasn't intentional).

People sure are sensitive around here at the moment. Let's face it, everyone who has been holding since early this year has lost 75% on what they were holding at its peak. It's not pleasant whether we admit it or pretend we don't care at all. I'm honestly optimistic that we'll eventually exceed 80c, very possibly in under 12 months. In that sense it's not a problem (assuming I'm right), but I'm not going to pretend I don't feel sad to be sitting on a paper loss compared to early in the year, and we're kidding ourselves if we think we did the right thing by stubbornly hanging out through the entire drop (and yep, I said I had diamond hands at the time, I was honest, and I regret it, I should have seen what was coming and sold around 60c, but had too much faith in JZ and too much concern about taxes). Better to pay tax on profits than not pay taxes on paper losses! It would have been lovely to pay a bit of tax then buy back for less than a third of the price. Well done to those who did sell out and buy back lower (or are poised ready to). Many people are suffering from regret, there's a lot of resentment towards those who did play it well and trade it from those who didn't, and as is obvious from reading the threads, tempers are short, anguish is rife and denial is prevalent. As usual, undue praise is given to those who remained bullish through the entire crash and hatred is directed towards those who called it correctly and even more so those who played it correctly.

Sincere congratulations from me to those who played it correctly, thanks to those who called it correctly, and a suggestion that we all consider that it may be worth listening to those who weren't unconditionally bullish through a massive price collapse, and not lavish praise on the unwavering, obviously-biased permabulls (and no, I'm not talking about Seagull). And while I was not the worst example and I've been hated for being insufficiently bullish at times, I will say with the benefit of hindsight that at times I was guilty of being too bullish.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.004(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $72.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 5.2¢ 4.7¢ $224.9K 4.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 67846 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 208417 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.