ADO 0.00% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

To make this even remotely feasible you'd need to standardise...

1. jn
    317 Posts.
    To make this even remotely feasible you'd need to standardise batteries across manufacturers and models to a small number of SKUs, otherwise every battery swap'n'go is going to need multiple $10K+ batteries hanging around for every EV model currently on the road. Can't see that happening, even if car manufacturers would love you to rent your battery instead of purchasing it.

Do you think this is really practical? I can see this working for bikes/scooters where you can physically lift out a battery and plug in a new one yourself. Even with currently unimaginable density improvements, EV batteries are always going to be in the hundreds of kilograms. They are almost invariably attached to the car just *above* the chassis and right in the middle of the vehicle - ie. the most optimal place for battery safety and vehicle dynamics, but the most inaccessible place possible. Is the servo going to have a pit or platform to get access through some kind of chassis trap-door? Are you going to have forklifts or an entirely new class of vehicle moving hundreds of kilograms of batteries around? Are you going to have staff around to do this safely 24/7? I can see this potentially working for fleet vehicles/trucks in a more industrial setting, but I can't see this working at the local BP.

In the name of weight efficiency, it seems like batteries will become more integrated with the chassis, not less (see Tesla structural battery pack)

Last edited by jn: 03/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $54.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.2¢ 2.2¢ $15.57K 707.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 89645 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 385723 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.