GNC 1.57% $8.41 graincorp limited

Hi @Hopeful9 and all,Am seeing the terminal at Port Kembla being...

1. 2,617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    Hi @Hopeful9 and all,

Am seeing the terminal at Port Kembla being used primarily for cement at present. Although still acceptable amounts of Grain.
    The smaller terminal here and elsewhere are doing well. Most of these are operated by Qube (or Qube have an interest in). Recently i saw that Qube are now shippers in their own right, this ties in with their transport logistics etc. GrainCorp should be looking seriously over their shoulder with this development.
    The big big thing at present (to answer @Hopeful9 comment, regarding planting) is canola, current price is way off the July 2023 highs of around USD800 pmt and around the 650 mark now. However the biofuel market in Europe and USA is far more sophisticated and advanced than Australia (i wonder why -"says Ports with deep cynicism when he (or she?) looks at the so called leaders of our country) - but the demand for Canola for this purpose is not seasonal, but getting bigger - the USA and European harvest will start come in a month or so. So i am quite sure that the planters here (farmers, traders, multinational genetic manipulators etc) will know this....so can see far more acreage being given over to canola this year.

Lots of stuff going on so i hope this helps people understand the complexities, even a tiny bit, as a tiny bit more than you knew yesterday. (do that daily!)

Good luck all - still cheap at just over $8

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.41
Change
0.130(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.886B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.29 $8.41 $8.26 $3.301M 394.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $8.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.42 2572 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.40
  Change
0.130 ( 1.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.32 $8.40 $8.26 96717
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
GNC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.