BRN 2.27% 21.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2024 BrainChip Discussion, page-4276

1. 5,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3274
    I might be wrong on this, but as I understand it...
    • Intel received a USD$8.5 billion grant from US Government as part of the 'Chips Act' - an initiative to make USA self reliant for chip fabrication by funding the construction of chip fabrication facilities. I think TSMC (Taiwan) also has been provided a grant to develop a US based fab division (on US soil).
    • The grant to Intel likely (i don't know for sure) would be on the basis that it must offer chip fabrication to third parties (other US companies and allies) and not just use the facility for its own product. I think Intel has set-up a subsidiary company for this purpose (Intel Foundry Services).

Intel released Core Ultra CPUs last December, which it claims are the first chips to include onboard neural processing units that allow laptops to take on specialized AI tasks. I don't think the technology is from BRN - they haven't said so.

However, the media release from BRN seems to suggest that Intel Foundry Services would facilitate collaborations for tech companies to design silicon and point them to their technology partners (BRN being one) to incorporate specialized IP, I guess on the understanding that the final silicon will be manufactured by Intel Fab.

It's vague. Sort of like putting two animals in a pen to see if they mate. They keep us guessing.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/resources/us-chips-act-funding-intel.html#gs.866gu2

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-joins-intel-foundry-services-to-advance-neuromorphic-ai-at-the-edge/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $399.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.0¢ 21.0¢ $696.6K 3.233M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 1400407 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 218182 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.