BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

(I am attempting to post this information again. I originally...

1. 9,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24704
    (I am attempting to post this information again. I originally used my PC and on HC the format appeared fine. A few minutes ago I looked on my phone and it was corrupted so fingers crossed it works properly this time. If it does I will have the other post removed. FF)

Unfortunately this paper is behind a paywall. I have extracted parts which have direct application to AKIDA technology noting that Brainchip ispartnered with Quantum Ventura under an SBIR granted by the US Department of Energy to develop a cyber security system to protect essentialinfrastructure from cyber-attack. https://brainchip.com/brainchip-and-quantum-ventura-partner-to-develop-cyber-threat-detection/

(This paper makes clear that Brainchip and Quantum Ventura are not the only ones who believe that AKIDA is suitable for this task.):

Adaptive Cyber Defense: Leveraging Neuromorphic Computing for Advanced Threat Detection and ResponseA Srivastava, V Parmar, S Patel… - … Computing and Smart …, 2023 - ieeexplore.ieee.org… The Intel Loihi 1 and BrainChip AkidaNeuromorphic Platforms are utilised by this tool in order to make forecasts and deliver alerts regarding cybersecurity concerns and warnings

Adaptive Cyber Defense: Leveraging NeuromorphicComputing for Advanced Threat Detection and Response

Aviral Srivastava & OthersAmity school of engineering andtechnologyAmity University RajasthanJaipur, [email protected]

Abstract— As the complexity of the digital landscapeevolves, so does the sophistication of cyber threats,necessitating advanced cybersecurity measures. Despitesignificant strides in threat detection and response usingmachine learning and deep learning techniques, these systemsgrapple with high false positive rates, limited adaptability toevolving threats, and computational inefficiency in real-timedata processing. This study proposes to delve into the potentialof Neuromorphic Computing (NC) to address these challenges.Inspired by the human brain's principles, NC offers rapid,efficient information processing through Spiking NeuralNetworks (SNNs) and other brain-inspired architectures. Thestudy hypothesizes that integrating NC into cyber defencecould enhance threat detection, response times, andadaptability, thereby bolstering cybersecurity systems'resilience. However, the implementation of NC in cybersecurityis fraught with challenges, including scalability, compatibilitywith existing infrastructures, and the creation of secure, robustneuromorphic systems. This study elucidates these challenges,proposes potential solutions, and highlights future researchdirections in this promising field. With focused research anddevelopment, NC could revolutionize cybersecurity, enhancingthe defence mechanisms of the digital ecosystems against therelentless onslaught of cyber threats. The study analyses thatthe incorporation of NC into cybersecurity is not only feasiblebut also necessary in increasingly digital world… By leveraging neuromorphic computing, it is possible todevelop advanced threat detection and response mechanismsthat continuously learn and adapt to the evolving cyber threatlandscape. Potential applications include anomaly detection,real-time threat analysis, and decision-making in complex,high-dimensional environments. Moreover, neuromorphicsystems can potentially offer significant advantages overtraditional machine learning techniques in terms of energyefficiency and computational speed, which are critical factorsin maintaining the performance and responsiveness ofcybersecurity systems. This study delves into the principlesof neuromorphic computing and their potential applicationsin adaptive cyber defence, exploring the transformativepotential of this emerging technology in addressing thepressing challenges of the digital age…

A neuromorphic processor-based monitoring tool knownas Cyber-NeuroRT is described in the article "Cyber-NeuroRT: Real-time Neuromorphic Cybersecurity" written by W.Zahm et al. The Intel Loihi 1 and BrainChip AkidaNeuromorphic Platforms are utilised by this tool in order tomake forecasts and deliver alerts regarding cybersecurityconcerns and warnings. The researchers created a completeprecision deep learning network for 450,000 Zeek log entriesthat contained a mix of regular and malicious data, includingeight different attack types, in order to evaluate thepracticability of a real-time HPC-scale neuromorphiccybersecurity system that they called Cyber-Neuro RT. TheCyber-NeuroRT prototype has the goal of monitoring,forecasting, and delivering system-wide alerts forforthcoming cybersecurity risks and warnings at scale. Itdoes this by collecting and prioritising data from Zeek logsand PCAP files in real-time or batch mode [1]. …

neuromorphic systems achieve threat detectionby combining real-time feature extraction, anomalydetection, and classification with continuous learning andadaptation, thereby offering a robust, efficient, and adaptiveapproach to cyber defence.…

CONCLUSIONThis study explores that the burgeoning field ofneuromorphic computing and its potential applications inrevolutionizing cyber defence. By delving into the principlesand architectures of neuromorphic computing, This researchwork elucidated the unique advantages of spiking neuralnetworks, memristors, and brain-inspired architectures incomparison to traditional computing systems and machinelearning techniques. The study also examines the challengesposed by the contemporary cyber threat landscape andunderscored the necessity of adaptability and real-timeresponse in cybersecurity systems.Through an analysis of neuromorphic computingapplications in cyber defence, we have highlighted thepotential of SNNs for anomaly detection, the capacity ofneuromorphic hardware to facilitate real-time threat analysisand decision-making, and the role of neuromorphic systemsin enhancing the adaptability and resilience of cybersecurityinfrastructure. Despite the technical and implementationchallenges that must be surmounted to fully integrateneuromorphic computing with cybersecurity systems, severalpromising research directions are identified that may drivebreakthroughs in adaptive cyber defence.The potential impact of neuromorphic computing on thefuture of cybersecurity is substantial. By harnessing theinherent advantages of brain-inspired computing systems,such as energy efficiency, rapid processing, and adaptability,it is possible to develop advanced threat detection andresponse mechanisms that continuously evolve to confrontthe dynamic and complex cyber threat landscape. Thesuccessful integration of neuromorphic computing into cyberdefence strategies promises to engender a new generation ofintelligent, adaptive security solutions capable ofsafeguarding the digital ecosystems against the relentlessprogression of cyber threats. Ultimately, the fusion ofneuromorphic computing and cybersecurity holds thepotential to transform the way it protect and secure thedigital world, paving the way for a more resilient and securefuture.

REFERENCES[1] Zahm, Wyler, et al. "Cyber-Neuro RT: Real-time NeuromorphicCybersecurity." Procedia Computer Science 213 (2022): 536-545.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.