BRN 2.00% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I know it's hard to gather all the data and read the tea leaves...

1. 5,686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3187
    I know it's hard to gather all the data and read the tea leaves to work out -> are these guys seriously looking at it or have they just popped it in the top draw to look at later?

But, you know it doesn't matter because...
    - No shortage of organizations on that list. If it's 30 or 100 - Akida is being seriously worked on.
    - We know Akida works - it's solid.
    - Whereas the traditional Gorillas in the market (NVIDIA et al) have chosen to see how many billion transistors can fit on the head of a pin, Neuromorphic is the path less traveled.
    - We only a need a couple of good starters to come out of the list and we are on our way.
    - We know why it's taking so long, this is new stuff. It's not the hardware or software its the last 10 yards...

Let's talk about the last 10 yards

The world of AI isn't new, we've been doing it for years.
    What is newish is packing it into small devices and making it ubiquitous.

But, it's about meeting expectations in a technology jaded world.

The average buyer of new technology isn't going to be gobsmacked because an AI powered cat door recognizes their cat 8 times out of 10. They'll expect it to get it right 99% of the time.

And the same goes for industry.

The big problem (I believe) with the future of AI is that even though on average it can be made to perform better than humans, it still suffers from the same basic problem. Natural Intelligence is a trade-off between time and precision. Want to do it faster? make an educated guess. Want to get it right? Take longer.

Sometimes that means the autonomous vehicle is going to crash. We tolerate that with humans. Hell, someone who is legally blind can drive until they get found out at their next Doctor's appointment.

But after 100 years living with technology, we expect perfection. And if you sell a product (particularly if you are a mega corporation) there are lawyers on every street corner waiting for it to fail.

I am guessing there is a lot of AI products that are ready to go; but tuning them up from 92% accuracy to 99% is proving difficult.

That's the last ten yards.

Perfection is the enemy of good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $2.351M 9.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 212207 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 372207 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ 7464422
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.