BRN 1.89% 27.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Proud BRN supporter but I have a question that's been bugging me...

1. 1,788 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1071
    Proud BRN supporter but I have a question that's been bugging me so putting it out there for comment.
    Latest employee count stated we have around 60-65 'busy' engineers. If we say half (pure guess) are working on internal development of future iterations of the akida family as non customer facing or direct revenue creating positions then it leaves around 30 being engaged directly or indirectly with customers working on collaborations, engineering services, joint developments across numerous continents.
    Of the collaborations, we won't see revenue until / unless a product comes to market as per a joint venture agreement for a % portion of sales.
    However if we had 30 engineers working as providing engineering services directly to EAPs then even at 75% utilisation and using a charge out rate of $150 USD per hour it would / should be creating approx. $6.7M per annum.
    Given that we aren't receiving this currently I'm leaning towards us being involved in joint ventures at a much much higher portion of activity.
    This model will bring delayed revenue but at a much higher $$ value. Instead of charging $1M for IP and some low percentage royalties, we will take a large clip of every product sold which I'm guessing would be considerable given our IP is what would me making the product valuable to consumers.
    If the above is correct, then in the interim we will continue to absorb financial burden until such a time as "watch the financials" shows itself.
    We are absorbing the IP fee (uncharged) and the eng services (uncharged) for now which if successful, will comes back to us as multiples.
    What gives me confidence is the proof of concepts across many fields, the engagements across many fields, the collaborations themselves speaking highly of our product and our team, and the fact that every passing week means we are closer to one of many of these reaching the market.
    Personally I would only be employing 60 highly skilled / payed professionals if return on investment was guaranteed or at least very high chance of guarantee.
    So my question, of the 50 or so partners, how many do people think we are joint venture with?
    My list comes to 20+.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.005(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $501.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 27.0¢ 26.5¢ $1.016M 3.800M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1059388 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 166139 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.8¢
  Change
0.005 ( 1.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
27.0¢ 27.3¢ 26.5¢ 3034679
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.