BRN 2.22% 22.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

1. There are two ways a takeover can go. Friendly or hostile....

1. 9,734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25476
    1. There are two ways a takeover can go. Friendly or hostile.

Peter van der Made and his supporters would need to be friendly to ensure a friendly takeover would succeed.

They have always given the clear signal a cheap takeover would never be considered.

As for hostile it would also fail if Peter van der Made and his supporters refused to sell.

Hostile takeovers are not very common because they are normally considered risky for this very reason.

Predicting what the market would do when you announce that you have reached 20% and are now standing in the market prepared to buy all shares at a given price when the Board is not recommending your offer is the stuff of corporate raider nightmares.

Add in what the market might do to the share price if the hostile takeover was being made by a tech giant of the type you nominate is easy to predict.

Hostile takeovers are therefore not common for good reason and I have not even mentioned potential issues regarding foreign takeover laws, monopolies and national security considerations.

2. What evidence do you have that there has not been a contract entered with one or all of the companies you have mentioned?

I personally do not have any evidence that they have or have not contracted with any or all of these companies.

What shareholders and others do have is information stated publicly by the company that they have a flexible pricing model. This allows that not every contract will involve the payment of an upfront lump sum license fee that would need to be announced.

Brainchip also consider that they are not permitted under the ASX Rules to announce a contract where they cannot quantify the exact financial value to the company.

This means that the absence of an announcement does not prove the negative or the positive.

In addition to the above it should also be considered that industry standard is to rely heavily upon Non Disclosure Agreements so as to keep competitors in the dark and to not alert China to your activities to assist them in targeting your company for the purpose of stealing your IP.

My opinion only DYOR

Fact Finder

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $408.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.8¢ $1.107M 5.019M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 110458 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 355185 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.