BRN 4.65% 22.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2024 BrainChip Discussion, page-6324

1. 5,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3317

2 Great Videos that you MUST watch.

THE FIRST is a fascinating video about the rise and rise of NVIDIA including a good explainer about the various AI applications.

Ostensibly about NVIDIA's stock performance, overtaking APPLE and displacing other tech titans like IBM and INTEL, the video settles down into a long treatise about what a great, deeply resourced, and clever company NVIDIA is.

If this wasn't produced by NVIDIA's marketing machine I'll shave my head.

Some key things I noted...
    - The emphasis on how NVIDIA's recent stock rise is driven by the booming AI market (in case you hadn't noticed)
    - The video claims NVIDIA has 70% market share of the global AI hardware market
    - Every NVIDIA product featured had large cooling fans and heat-sinks
    - A key direction for NVIDIA in the future is tackling power efficiency
    - The word "neuromorphic" wasn't mentioned once.
    - More focused on data centres and cloud AI than Edge.

NVIDIA is no overnight success it has taken them decades to get to this dominant position.

This is a company deeply invested in GPU technology, which makes sense; GPU's are in the company's DNA.

Is this a gigantic example of the old saying "If all you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail" ?

Watch both videos ( I posted a second one below)

The second video talks about how Kodak went from one of the largest companies in the world to bankruptcy for failing to back digital photography. Similar things happened to other giant technology companies notably NOKIA and BLACKBERRY.

The thing about this video that is extraordinary is how a company with enormous resources, and a past willingness to direct resources to back innovation - blind sided itself by not wishing to invest in digital photography - because film was deeply embedded in its DNA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.010(4.65%)
Mkt cap ! $417.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $1.871M 8.486M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 129705 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 941352 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.