BRN 0.00% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

2024 BrainChip Discussion, page-8550

1. 1,751 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2205
    Algorithmic trading bots account for around 70% of price movement on the ASX, before bots large share parcel trades were responsible for over 70% of price movement.

This is also probably true for most global bourses, IMO bots are the real enemy of the retail shareholder, bots are obviously run by instos or v large brokers (deep pockets).

Something I have wondered for quite some time is: what is/are the "connections" between the instos who run the bots and the instos or large investors who are involved in short selling generally and short selling campaigns in particular.

You would think that kind of activity would/should be illegal, just as insider trading is; but I still wonder about a possible "connection".

The bots are active all over the ASX every day, the ASX say that they (the bots) provide liquidity, and they say little else, I know retail investors have been complaining about dark pool bot trading for years but very little has come of it.

I distrust any trade of less than $500, generally retail traders don't trade such small quantities, brokerage makes it prohibitively expensive in the main.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.