BRN 1.92% 26.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Space is sexy, but very low volume. Industrial sensors is where...

1. 5,696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3206
    Space is sexy, but very low volume. Industrial sensors is where the action is.

Of all the markets that Akida could be applied to, this is the one I find most exciting. Why?

1. Volume: 60% of electricity generated globally is used to drive electric motors. In Australia alone roughly 250,000 new electric motors are sold each year (replacement or for new applications) and that doesn't include electric motors that arrive already packaged in machinery.
    2. Each electric motor has two bearings and windings. These are easily monitored for unique changes in vibration or electric characteristics that could indicate future failure modes.
    3. Industrial electric motors drive gearboxes, compressors, blowers, conveyor belts, lifts, cranes, mineral processing equipment, and countless other heavy machinery critical for manufacture. All have numerous bearings drive couplings, belts, chains and gearboxes - all potential points of failure that could be monitored for vibration/noise that could indicate impending failure hours, or weeks before the failure occurs.
    4. Predicative maintenance, reliability engineering, condition monitoring (all under the banner of "Asset Management") is a huge part of industrial processes and is aimed at reducing preventative maintenance costs, while improving reliability, and reducing risk. The biggest trend in Asset Management is digital technologies.

Global giants who specialize in industrial sensors have huge R&D budgets, manufacturing capability, distribution networks, and marketing pushing out millions of industrial sensors into these same markets. Their distribution capability could be best described as a "slippery pipeline" (i.e. they are good at it).

These are big markets, high volumes, and the cost of investing in cost reducing technologies is a no-brainer for large industrial processing plants.

If big license fee income for BRN is going to come from somewhere - this (in my opinion) will be the first source.

Space is sexy, but very low volume - industrial sensors is where the action is.

If you want to get a taste of just how intensive this market is, have a look at this website.
    Remtron is one of many Australian Import Technical distributors that represent these global giants.
    https://www.remtron.com.au/

IMHO
    DYOR
    Last edited by MarketingMan: 30/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.5¢
Change
0.005(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $491.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.5¢ $872.4K 3.346M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 1183321 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 799000 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.3¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.30 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.5¢ 2442125
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.