BRN 3.92% 24.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I believe there are 2 problems...No, BRN does not have to...

1. 5,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3262
    I believe there are 2 problems...

1. No, BRN does not have to publish the signing of significant contract with a customer if it is under NDA. Making an announcement about signing a major contract would require that they name the party otherwise it could be a spurious claim. However, if the deal was done subject to NDA ("we don't want you to tell anyone, because that is a commercial secret.") then no announcement.
    2. The ASX is pretty strict on any price sensitive announcement being based on committed revenue. i.e. the contract WILL result in actual quantifiable sales to BRN in a reasonable time frame. The problem with license agreements is that it is dependent on the customer's ability to complete R&D and then market the product. That could be years. The revenue only starts flowing back to BRN when the customer's product hits the market. A lot could go wrong between when the license deal is signed and when the product hits the market, including the customer abandoning the product.

The Mercedes deal is a good example of why the ASX is strict on such announcements. The BRN share price hit a record high off the back of that news and here we are, years later, and no revenue. Mercedes are still fine tuning it and I believe it has only been used in concept cars.

I think I got all that right, I write this from memory. Don't have time to check the facts.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.010(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $454.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 26.0¢ 24.3¢ $2.351M 9.495M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 69997 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 800432 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.8¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.5¢ 25.8¢ 24.3¢ 4451387
Last updated 15.59pm 04/06/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.