AGY 2.44% 4.0¢ argosy minerals limited

2024 Charts, page-1020

1. 5,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2212
    I almost broke even, which is so much better than losing most of my money which is what would have happened if I didn't sell.

When you trade or invest you will never have a 100% success rate. One of the most important aspects or trading or investing is to minimise your losses. Know when it's time to get out, even if it means taking a loss now in order to avoid a larger loss later.

As it is now, you have lost a much higher percentage of your money than I have, even if it's currently a paper loss. I can now buy in with the same money and buy twice as many shares as I had. You are stuck on a paper loss and the only action you could take is to sell.

As it is, I put most of my AGY money into gold and silver shortly after I sold (having it in something safe while I am travelling seemed like a good idea and precious metals looked great at the time, which turned out to be correct). So, in that sense, I'm now ahead with the money I initially put into AGY. I took a marginal loss in AGY, cut that before it became a big loss like yours, put the money into something better, and yes, now that initial money has grown rather than shrunk like yours. I could not have put that money into gold and silver if I had left it to rot in AGY.

So, in that sense, yes, I made a profit.

But most importantly for me on AGY specifically, I stopped my tiny loss becoming a large loss like yours.

It's worth remembering that my personal situation is relevant to me only, not to anyone else on this forum. What is relevant to everyone on this forum is analysis of AGY and looking at where it is going from here. It is very unfortunate for people like you to be ignoring the blatantly obvious reasons for imminent share price falling which I am spelling out bluntly here, and while absolutely exactly what I'm saying is going to happen keeps happening, you try to distract yourself by asking about my person financial situation. If instead of focussing on that you'd said "Oh, wow, that's actually a really good point, the price is obviously going to fall, I should probably sell and avoid losses" you'd have been much better off.

If you want to play the 'what's your personal situation?' game...

Did you sell out when I did at twice the current price or are you still holding shares which you can't sell for more than about half what I got?

But I'd rather keep it relevant and look at what's ahead. 8.6c support is holding for now (hasn't quite been touched), so there are clearly people who are keen to buy at that support level, and there has been moderate volume, which is good. But, it puts AGY in a vulnerable position, because while those buyers were waiting for the support level to be hit, once it fails (and without positive news very soon, it will), the keen buyers will be tapped out, a lot of stop losses are going to be hit, the TA says a fresh multi year low is bad and people will be running away, and it's going to get nasty.

AGY absolutely needs strong positive news very soon or we're going to see a fresh multi year low more than a few pips below 8.6c. Unfortunately, the absence of an announcement last week or today shows operations have not gone well, a decent offtake is a pipe dream when the commodity price is so low and AGY is showing it can't produce, and there's little hope of a decent funding deal for the 10KTPA expansion (who'd want to invest in that when they failed the pilot plant and can't get the 2KTPA plant working either?). We're almost certainly going to see another CR next quarter and it's almost certainly going to be worse than the last one.

So, it's honestly a very bleak picture. The best hope is that production magically picks up in the not too distant future but no news today shows that the multi year pattern of performance failure is not broken.

Heck, things are so bad even gcar has gone quiet. He usually posts almost as much as everyone else combined at all hours of the day, but has gone silent for the last five days. I've seen deluded unconditional permabulls suddenly disappear or have full on breakdowns when their delusion finally snaps, and gcar has been getting called out a lot on his blatant lies lately, while his absurd predictions become increasingly obviously impossible.

You asked the question multiple times. I hope this answer suffices. If you wish for me to elaborate, ask multiple more times and I might get around to it at some stage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
-0.001(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $58.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.1¢ 4.0¢ $72.01K 1.793M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 370632 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 226700 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.