MSB 2.91% $1.06 mesoblast limited

Hi Baz, do you think MSB absolutely must have an active...

1. 1,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3236
    Hi Baz,

do you think MSB absolutely must have an active comparator (concurrent control) for the adult trial? I can readily agree with you that the enrolment of RR-resistant patients makes off-label use of RYONCIL more likely on paediatric approval, but I expect it'lll be a multi-site trial anyway given it's BMT CTN & will have enormous recruitment interest and pull, so I was hazarding that willing trial participants would be on Rux & other SOC anyway & could simply quickly enrol when their attending physicians see them getting to that point (if they make the inclusions list) & save themselves any need for consideration of paying for off-label support. That could be done quickly if its going to be done through the same major centers as will be administering treatments on paediatric approval. I mean, for those without the money or who are unwilling to enrol, Mesoblast might even run an EAP but if MSB is going to supply product at low or no cost it would prefer to get the data out of it.

I do appreciate the value of an active comparator, but I thought that the thing to take from CBER biostatisticians giving up their efficacy objections to RYONCIL, i.e. on the 'null hypothesis' bullshit point vs indication for paediatric aGVHD, was that the FDA was 'demonstrating' even more of an interest in natural history-based controls, at least for aGVHD treatments. You know, actively embracing real world evidence instead of just arm waving and doing nothing more than talking about it (despite hypocritically approving RUX for adults for Novartis/ Incyte on just that basis i.e. REACH-1 on an open-label,single-arm, multicentre Phase 2, but lets not go there again).

All this provided they could get the rigour they justifiably want to see from other things e.g. randomisation, blinding (as far as possible) etc to reach the 'adequate and well-controlled' bar.

I could have been reading this wrong. Interested in your thoughts here.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.06
Change
0.030(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $1.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.09 $1.03 $5.796M 5.430M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15990 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 48632 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.