4DS 1.27% 7.8¢ 4ds memory limited

I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment that they're not yet...

1. 388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment that they're not yet talking to anyone... They reiterated in the presentations that a lot hangs on the success of PL5&6, but there are a few things to read between the lines:
    1. They haven't even spoken to their existing joint development partner. Hard to imagine that they are out having chats with others if they haven't sat down with the one company that knows about the tech intimately.
    2. The timing of the PR firm's appointment is closer to the release of PL5&6 results than it is to the release of the PL4 results... that tells me what their focus is; to prepare for the results of that - and to be ready to move quickly. (Side note: The fact they've engaged them before the PL5&6 chips are available could also indicate a high degree of confidence in the success (it's not like we're rolling in cash)).
    3. Imec have said to them if the 20nm chip is a success, they will personally introduce them to 5 household names... While that is significant and positive, it says to me imec's view is they're not yet ready (at 40 nm) to have those conversations.

So im not so convinced lack of interest is the driver, it's lack of readiness. it's all about timing, they're going to be way more compelling with a working chip at 20nm so why not wait and use this time to hone the pitch.

also remember its not like there's 50 people working for 4DS who can divide and conquer on all the work that's going on right now... there's literally a handful of them, so this stuff will move slow

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.8¢
Change
-0.001(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.9¢ 8.0¢ 7.6¢ $179.4K 2.318M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 64060 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 162686 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.36pm 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.0¢ 8.0¢ 7.6¢ 1291907
Last updated 13.36pm 15/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.