21% Primary Vote Swing Against Andrews in Poll

1. 12,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1280
    Polling on Tuesday night revealed a 21% swing in primary voting for Labor in Victoria. Over 3,000 voters in five marginal seats were polled. On a 2PP basis the swing translates into Labor losing 30 seats in a landslide. The state parliament lower house numbers would be Liberal National at 74 Labor 25.

Of the five seats polled four would go to Liberal on primary vote only. The fifth seat polled, Monbulk would still see deputy premier James Merlino lose his seat. Other losses of senior ministers include Jacinta Allan, Lisa Neville and the premier himself Daniel Andrews.

Just imagine what the devastating poll would have looked like if it was done last night, two days later, now that we know Andrews decided on the curfew without medical or police advice.

Now of course Andrews will not comment on the poll but I think Andrews will glibly say “ I am too focused on defeating this wicked virus and don’t have the time to comment, but let me say this: the only poll that matters is on Election Day in 2022 and I will have a lot to say then”.

The important chatter today and over the weekend will be amongst those MP’s staring into their own political abyss. Remember folks ‘desperate people do desperate things’.

All reported in the Herald Sun today.

Today’s daily press conference should be compulsory viewing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.