XJO 0.21% 8,027.0 s&p/asx 200

23/10 Indices, page-144

1. 1,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    To further Calvo's approach here - years ago I displayed a DPO (price cycle) indicator in use. It's little know and partially derived off RSI I believe. I had great success with it choosing when (within a day or two) major reversals could occur. I recommend traders at least look at this to see if it could be of use to them as it helped me when to prepare for mean reversion trades if that's your cup of tea. Same approach, you mark the highs and lows to obtain an average projection period.

The last two orange vertical lines were done up weeks ago from a running average I tally plus or minus it's rate of change and I just had a look now! The catch as there always is one with indicators is you can have two cycles and it's a long range indicator.

The trade I have on now I have a bot that shorted the ftse but I've learnt after a few wins it fails and sets up a huge reversal so I don't fully trust this particular trade and took a smaller hedge that I will have to work out of tonight I suppose if my hedge can't pay for the loss. Obviously I want the algo to do well but then I'm left with a pickle.

Just some other ways to use the tools we have available.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5686/5686284-ee6e3e564db8b93431f10dd4f7a717e9.jpg

Last edited by Coincacha: 26/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.