DEG 0.75% $1.34 de grey mining limited

24 July - 7 Weeks, page-33

1. 493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259
    I sure hope your hunch is right..we shall see.

Two excellent observations posted on CEO.nvo today

Courtesy of @exploratory

@exploratory Some thoughts:

Do not forget the human technical and engineering resources that Sumitomo brings with it that will now be available to benefit the Egina project. This support is real and included in the deal.

Sumitomo is a world class long investor/financier. Its strategic interest is not a single project, even a large one. Novo is attractive to them precisely because it offers the opportunity for multiple successful, profitable and well-secured large financing opportunities over decades. They are, in effect, competing for future Novo business by being first to recognize and fund its growth.

Sumitomo’s agreements with Novo reflect a favorable judgment both as to quality of resource potential and management.

The reality of having financing flexibility now and in the future with the likes of Sumitomo offers Novo the huge benefit of advancing the pace/rate of developing and mining its numerous major projects, some known and others not yet known, on an accelerated time table, i.e., faster than would otherwise be the case. Beyond what we presently understand to be the potential at Egina, we can already see that enormous conglomerate gold land mining and massive coastal gold dredging operations elsewhere may be, and IMO likely are, just over the horizon. Although Novo could finance its growth out of Egina’s profits and BC’s value (however realized), the time value of money to Novo (and to us as shareholders as reflected in stock price) is among the most important factors which will no doubt influence QH and company as they make logical and sensible financing choices when appropriate and necessary, including electing to arrange for debt and equity financing with Sumitomo (and likely others) to manage cash, debt and operational cash flow to its and our best advantage.

Majors (and many investors) tend to believe that majors can buy any junior at any time. Usually, this is true, and often because majors overpay. But not always. What majors almost always fail to realize when dealing with juniors who’ve smartly prepared their defenses against hostile takeover is that it takes two to tango, meaning the junior can simply say no (at least not at the offered price/terms). It has long been my belief that Novo has been setting the stage to resist premature acquisition, hostile or otherwise, and to generate the bulk of its Pilbara wealth creation within Novo. All because the major insiders appear to stand to benefit most from such a strategy.

Novo shares are still, IMO, incredibly cheap insofar as price to value is concerned. Enjoy this pricing environment while it lasts. GLTA.

Great illustration of what a real jv partner brings to the table.

Thanks @exploratory

And then this from @JustJT

@JustJT To new initiates....Sumitomo would be embarrassed to go down the aisle even one foot with Novo if they were not certain. The Japanese hate to lose face. It helps to understand the Japanese. These are the world's most advanced and respectful people. Bar none. By a long mile.

Thanks @JustJT

These two posts speak volumes.

@goldtowin your hunch may be accurate... would make sense.
    Btw ES sounded ambiguously vague about Deg... just my .02c

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.