WOW 0.16% $31.42 woolworths group limited

For me I go all over the place - can't get everything I need at...

1. 11,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 673
    For me I go all over the place - can't get everything I need at Safeway or Coles either, so I seem to have a mental list as to what I get from each one. the rest I have to get from smaller stores, and pay up - such is life. I doubt I am unusual in that regard. So you open a new competitive supermarket in an area, and you will get a percentage of the local business, even with varied opinions on it's merits.

I doubt Aldi will take over MTS though. They seem willing to wait for a suitable site to come up, and have made cornerstone agreements with developers in certain cases - which obviously takes some forward planning. Would Aldi be able to modify their supply chain to take advantage of MTS's? I somehow doubt it. And if MTS is weak - then their sites might be expected to come up for lease anyway. But I would not doubt that a different competitor could see MTS as an advanatgeous acquisition.

So anyway - I suspect we will be seeing lower margins for WOW and WES no matter what. I do think Aldi is the first genuine competition they have had in a long time. I also have to admit I would like to see more diversity in the offerings of the supermarkets, and a more diverse range of organic and feedlot additive free food (especially - there is so little of it, and a I live in a very high income suburb - although I went out to Werribee (lower income suburb in Melbourne 'burbs) and visited a supermarket there, and there was nothing "organic" there at all that I could see in Meat and fruit/veg. I do see that Safeway has a current advantage over Coles where I live in that area, and Aldi would be second, then Coles possibly locally.) That is actually gradually happening I think, and will be good for Australia - and hopefully will grow a bunch of competitive new suppliers over the up and coming decades that will compete overseas as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$31.42
Change
0.050(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $38.54B
Open High Low Value Volume
$31.40 $31.61 $31.37 $62.61M 1.989M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13973 $31.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$31.43 103640 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$31.52
  Change
0.050 ( 0.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
$31.40 $31.61 $31.37 260134
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.