CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Ann: Mine Planning, Approvals and Production Support, page-10

1. 12,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    A problem with this project from a red tape POV, is that it will trigger nearly every approval process on the legislative books. IMO, it probably won't get "major project" status - which is designed to help streamline everything for priority projects in Queensland. But it will still be coordinated by a lead or umbrella department, be that Environment or some planning branch - not sure how Queensland is set up these days.

The public submissions process could be exhaustive - the site is at the mid point of two university campuses, and there are hippies all over the place. I suggested ages ago that there is a risk that some green group with some backing will push it into the courts. Whilst the company may claim no environmental or tourist values on the ground they plan to disturb, the same can not be said about the broader region. And one of the area's major visitor attractions is only a few kilometres down the road.

How long did Keith Williams battle to get an itty-bitty half-built marina at Cardwell completed? If / when the public is involved, then actual impacts are not that important and perceived impacts, noisy emotions, and politics are. I'm not going to hazard a guess as to whether they will eventually get it up or not. But mining this year? Yeah, righto.

All of this assumes that there is a market for this dirt, which IMO, has yet to be demonstrated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.