prip - your final analysis is pretty spot on - just a few things...

1. 1,996 Posts.
    prip - your final analysis is pretty spot on - just a few things need a bit of study - not hard once you get the hang of it. (click on the pdf in my sig - The complete volume spread analysis system explained - It goes over a description of all the different type of bars an is a great reference if you aren't sure on how to read a particular bar.)

first bar has a wide spread and closes high so this looks like a shakeout - demand does overcome supply - but supply(volume) is still present and need to be tested.
    the 2nd bar is not a test - a test is most always a down bar closing middlish to high - it CAN be an upbar but most of the body of the bar must be below the close of the previous bar to qualify. So we are still waiting for a test.
    3rd bar is no demand you are right - an up bar on the least volume in 3 bars - the exact opposite of a low supply test. If you look a little further to your left you will see a high volume bar on July 7 - the no demand bar is butting its head on that ie rejecting the resistance line above.
    The next bar goes down - confirming the no demand.
    Even though this bar also shows low supply - it closes on it low so we would never interpret it as a sign of strength on its own even in an uptrend - we like low supply bars to close off there low preferable middle to high and a narrow spread makes them even better. But again you are right - no interest shown.
    Bar 7 we are interested in because it looks like its coming back to test for supply in bar 1. A successful test will show low volume (the least in 3 bars) and will be confirmed by the next bar going up, preferably on slightly more (non excessive) volume. The test fails because a - it finds supply, and b- the next bar closes lower. Bar 8 would be a very nice test being very narrow spread and closing high - but it has high volume as well - ie supply is still present and the last bar just collapses - plenty of supply. Its closed of the low trying to support where they were buying your bar no 1- so there has been some buying in the bottom - but nothing eye popping - Supply has entered the stock and they won't want to mark it up if they think there is too much supply present. So you are right - it does look piss weak - lets see if they try to hold it up here again.

Good job -and don't worry about sitting in the corner - I have been sent there a few times myself.
    And i still might get sent there again after Mitta's finished marking my homework.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.