CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

I have a tendency to do what?Scare people... I hope not.Dump...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    I have a tendency to do what?

Scare people... I hope not.

Dump shares... nope.

I'm assuming the post in question is the one I made on the CER forum? It's hardly damning of CNP and doesn't say anything I haven't said previously.

In a nutshell, both CNP and CER are risky but CER less so because it's a simpler business and has less leverage. The trade-off of course is that when Centro is back to full health, CER has a lot less SP upside.

On a side note, it'd be a brave person to short either of these stocks at the moment. ASX shorts have dropped to very low levels in the past few weeks and this has happened for a few very good reasons:

1. CAF is a smaller fund than CAWF and whilst everyone welcomed the sale of CAF, news on CAWF was always going to be the big one.

2. The CAWF sale could be the last hurdle before the company confirms the bankers have given debt extensions past this September and December. This could be announced at the same time the CAWF sale is confirmed.

3. We have the YE company results due at the end of this month. Anything that indicates the long-term future of the company or gives guidance on earnings or divvies will be received very well. Like it or not, people get to hear about these details through leaks before the market does.

4. We still have *unconfirmed* rumours of entities interested in a bigger play with Centro. The old saying is buy on rumour, not sell.

Anyway, good luck if you are having a short on either stock. I know some CFD providers (who make synthetic markets) have between a 500 and 800 millisecond latency between the ASX announcing a trading halt and the provider actually closing their market. That should probably be enough time to offload your holding when the next announcement comes.

If you are shorting with actual stock rather than CFDs, you really do have BOS...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.