LEI 1.67% $20.71 leighton holdings limited

25 bucks?, page-4

1. 348 Posts.
    wpa: Panick? I don't know about you, but if I buy or sell a stock for $24 and it moves $1 against me, I don't panick. Infact, I expect it to move against my initial position. Maybe I should have specified, CONSTRUCTIVE comments, not speculative, assumative comments. By the way, LEI's avg PER for FY07 was 16. It is now more than that on forward earnings (even at EPS of $1.50). Also 20% of sells were short on the day that I shorted, so I guess that I wasn't alone in my assessment of the situation.

Anyway;

PA: thanks for your thoughts. I think however that the upside potential to LEI by gov stimulus spend has been over-compensated for in the minds of investors. I don't think that it will be as big a boon as some would lead us to believe. Conversly, I think that many mining service contractors will struggle as resource companies cut costs, (RIO and BHP are moving to more self relient strategies in Iron ore venture), and I think that some of their WIH is in danger of post-poning or cancellation (esp Mid East). Also, Large private infrastructure projects will slow in our own backyard. This area is a slow cycle, unlike retail for example.

Cheers and good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.