''until that happens many Ukrainians and Russians will lose...

1. 86,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''until that happens many Ukrainians and Russians will lose their lives in a war that could have been stopped through a negotiated settlement a few weeks after it started in early 2022''

negotiated by which parties?????

certainly not Russia or Ukraine.

''Misinformed US self belief in its own exceptionalism and obsession against all things Russian has drawn Australia into its web and involvement in yet another war we should have nothing to do with.''

whilst it seems to be a matter of opinion - it's pretty clear that the USA has been pushing pushing pushing fear and containment attempts on anything they think were communist - since at least WW2 --

and it's been very clear that Oz will follow the USA - it has been merely asking 'how high?' when America has said 'jump' - for the last 70 years.

but as to the commitment of yet another 250 million to Ukraine - ???????

I think it's a difficult decision ----- will 250 make a difference? ------- well, does a single raindrop make a difference in filling a tank? ---------- if one stopped all the raindrops - the tank would be dry

what seems very clear is that Australia just does get into European wars - it just does

so, is is better to attempt to stop this war breaking out of Ukraine or not?

I think it is - how is a question. IMO - the situation is exactly the same as it was on day one of the war------- and that is that Putin needed to be given a way out - by the West.

he still needs it. The simpleton calls for the end of the war to 'just stop' by Putin pulling the troops and going home - doesn't cut it in reality.

The actuality is that Putin is presented with a way out that he can accept --------- or the war continues until he dies ------- and god knows who will come in then or, the war breaks out into Europe

pragmatism tells me that - the West should try to give Putin a way out

negotiations always come down to what one is prepared to give up

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.