NTM 0.00% 0.6¢ nt minerals limited

25c here we come???

1. MT2
    345 Posts.
    The company have today announced to the ASX that the NT govt have provided written confirmation of its intention to pay NTM compensation for the lost opportunity of mining the Groote area. For backgrund on this you must listen to this ABC Radio interview with NTM Chairman at: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-14/-northernmanganese-daws/4753912

Multi-billion dollar project potential. $1.5 Billion in compensation mentioned by chairman. Law firm has approached NTM to act. Whether this project is ever mined may not matter, it seems it could potentially be a big earner for NTM. NTM is currently only a $3.9m company so any upside is potentially substantial.

I would be interested in hearing other peoples views as to a realistic compensation payout figure. I suspect the NT govt will try to pay out an early settlement to avoid a long and protracted saga and all its negative media damaging the NT's credibility as a safe place to invest and do business (which it clearly is not if their govt behaves the way it has in this situation- from my undertsnding of the situation it is not unfair to suggest they have effectively stolen from NTM shareholders).

I think an early payout figure of $25m (25c per share) may be on the cards. Any other thoughts? The potential economic loss to the NT economy from investors being scared away by this saga if an early payout is not made could amount to much more than $25m.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.