AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

I first checked out AEB because I'm interested in energy,...

1. 5,608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2234
    I first checked out AEB because I'm interested in energy, particularly oil, and if there's an oil alternative it obviously follows that I'm interested.

I'm not planning to buy, but I still find it interesting to follow this company for several reasons as I've described a few times before.

I made a few posts in passing early on, and that was fine. I came to a different viewpoint from most (all?) of the others here, and I suppose when everyone in a discussion has a warped, unbalanced, biased view, it seems worth saying something. If I agreed with everyone here I wouldn't bother commenting; why say the same thing a pile of people already just said? I'm not offering anyone anything. Giving a different point of view certainly doesn't make one popular, but it is valuable to anyone open minded enough to consider anything other than "Oh my god this company is going to make a heap of money and we all need to buy heaps now!"

When I first turned up everyone told me the price was going to be on the way up, there were rumours of big news from someone who would have been guilty of insider trading if he'd been honest about what he was saying. After a while I predicted the price would go down (it was over 30c back then), I was ridiculed for saying it would go down and especially for saying it would go anywhere near 20c, but that's what happened.

I suppose there's also a fascination which comes from taking a contrary point of view, being attacked by a group of clearly biased people, being correct but being attacked even harder rather than thanked or acknowledged. I also find it interesting to observe how people react to a bad situation. It's interesting for my own interest in human psychology, and also gives a bit of an insight into investor mentality, which gives me an idea of how people might be dealing with stocks I am invested in (yes of course I realise that different types of companies have different demographics in their investors and of course I realise many/most people aren't especially honest when posting about their companies - they'll act far more optimistic than they are until after they've sold, they'll pretend they're buying when they're not, etc. etc.). Being someone unlikely to buy (don't get me wrong, I'm open minded and will gladly buy in a heartbeat if I consider it worth doing for any reason, and there are several scenarios I can imagine which would make that happen) I'm a very unbiased poster. Whether or not I'm a smart person or have any ideas worth considering is up to the individual to decide. No doubt many here would consider some of my points far more than they would openly post. Mostly though, I am interested in stocks, I find this one interesting, I see a group of people all biased in the same direction so an unbiased point of view (or one biased in the opposite direction) is going to add to the dynamic. The fact that a lack of bias infuriates biased people isn't the horrific, scarey thing to me that it is to most people.

Or maybe I'm just an evil person who wants to laugh at you all for losing money, or maybe I'm just so negative and depressed and want others to feel that way, or maybe I'm just an evil bastard who wants to convince you all to sell so you miss out on becoming millionaires, or maybe I'm an evil oil baron trying to sabotage clean energy, or maybe I'm an escaped mental patient who got access to the internet, or maybe I'm sitting around buying like a maniac and trying to convince others to sell to me so I can get in at a good price, or maybe... well, obviously none of these are the case, but several have been raised and most have probably been considered by some here!

I could get into more detail, but I've probably indulged you enough!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.