XJO 1.34% 7,971.1 s&p/asx 200

26/06 Indices, page-127

1. 9,987 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    "Tradable? Yes. buy-and-hold, down -2.14%."

Tradable? No. Buy-and-hold, yes.

Firstly, CSL dominates XHJ, it represents more than 50% of XHJ. (even companies like Resmed, Ansell, Sonic, Ramsay are dwarfed by CSL)
    Therefore when we talk about the Buy-and-hold performance of XHJ, we are basically talking about the Buy-and-hold performance of CSL.

I am such a buy-and-hold CSL shareholder. My initial IPO allocation at $2.40 per share in 1994 is now worth $1,400 per share, for a total return of only 58,000% or a 29-year CAGR of 25%. (includes dividend re-investment and the 1:3 split in 2007). Only Apple can rival this performance over such a long period of time.
    My question to you is this: Where did I go wrong?

Secondly, you seem to be dissatisfied by CSL's Apple like performance (58,000%) and you want to try your luck at capturing the staggering 2.14% trading profit. This would require you to do 2 things:

1) You predicted the Covid pandemic and its effect on CSL's plasma collection costs. Prove it!
    2) You predicted that on the 14th of June this year, CSL would issue a market update regarding a currency headwind and its effect on profits. You knew that CSL's reporting currency is the $US whereas more than 50% of its revenue is derived from non-US jurisdictions whose currency depreciated against the US dollar this year. You knew all that, and you warned us about it. Prove it!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.