ATU 0.00% 0.5¢ atrum coal limited

Not sure what Scorpio is on about either, but I can provide some...

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Not sure what Scorpio is on about either, but I can provide some context for the sell off and abysmal share price in general. This from the Atlantic Carbon Group annual report released yesterday:

"In January 2017, the Company announced an Export Sales Joint Venture with Atrum Coal NL but, to date no exports have taken place. The Company considers, that sales outside of the USA and Canada are unlikely in the short term given the current Russian and East Ukrainian export prices, however, these low prices are not considered to be sustainable and the Company and Atrum Coal NL continue to closely monitor the situation".

This is a long way from how it was explained in the quarterly:

"As the anthracite produced by our export sales joint venture partner Atlantic Carbon Group (“ACG”)
    is not generally known to international anthracite buyers, initial efforts to establish exports have been
    focussed on supplying samples to customers, and establishing commercial contracts with rail and
    port operators. More than a dozen samples have now been sent to key anthracite buyers, with more
    samples in preparation for delivery in the current quarter. We are starting to see the results of our
    efforts here, with a significant increase in interest from international buyers. Given this recent
    interest, we are confident in achieving our objective of selling 250,000t of anthracite from the US by​
    year-end".

'unlikely sales in the short term' v 'significant increase in interest'. Hmmm.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.