ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

GuysImho, the ordinary traders are doing the real damage, not...

1. 192 Posts.
    Guys

Imho, the ordinary traders are doing the real damage, not the shorters.

When any of us buy any shares in any company, we are focused, we may have done enough research (mainly on HC, haha), we of course are confident of that company to risk our hard earned money to place our bets. We then decide on our strategy, whether short, mid or long term hold.

BUT then quite many will then also at the same time have decided that they will get out when the s.p. of that compasny dips 10%. Some have even put in 10% stop loss into their computer. This, in my opinion, is the best weapon for those shorters. Why????

The share price of every company in the stock market goes up and down throughout the year, never in a straight line one way. Even the bluest of the blue chips varies more than 10% each way. So all the shorters need to do is to bring the s.p. of that particular company down 10% and there will be a mad rush for all those with their 10% stop losses to kick in. And what happens, he/she will find that he/she will not be the only one trying to sell. There are plenty already in queue ahead. So the inevitable happens. Everyone tries to undercut each other to get out. Why???

Many of us are in the market with only very little spare cash. Our partner may be standing over our shoulders waiting to breath down our necks and say "I told you so. This is a lemon and you won't listen". A 10% loss is such big deal that it hurts like hell. Better to loose only 10% rather than half my investments. What's worst, this is my only investment and bugger, I already hit the brick wall. The reasons to run keep on coming. You wet your pants more. Hurry, hurry. Some at HC already said ESG is a s..t company.

Meantime the shorters are laughing. The more we scramble for the only exit door, the more damage we do to ourselves. If the initial scare doesn't work, why worry? The shorters have more borrowed shares and endless amount of our cash. Yes, OUR cash. Those hedge funds don't use their own cash. IT IS OUR LIFE SAVINGS IN THE SUPER FUNDS.
    If they have to use their own money, many of them will have the same mentality like use - get out after 10% dip in s.p. The hedge fund operators themselves will always get paid, never mind win or loose. It is like heads we loose, tails they win situation.

The only way these hedge funds can loose is if we all hold our nerves. Never sell when the s.p keeps going down for no reason when all the fundamentals are still intact. Then we go in and buy in a very big way when the s.p had been driven down like what ESG is standing today. BUT this will never happen because alot of us dream of retiring rich on a deserted island with only the limited little bit invested. We want to emulate the big guys Greed is well and truly within our human nature. So is the fear factor and often this is far greater than greed. Damn!!! I am also a victim. That is why I promise my family that give it one more year, and I will be mainly out of ESG and HGO because at my age, I can't afford to loose all my investments in the stock market.

So next time we see a yearly improvement of say 15 to 20% on our Super statement, don't forget just how the funds get that handsome return. Just checked my Super fund statement on the internet and woo hoo, it has gone up by 18%. BUT damn it, how come my share port folio is in the s..t house. This can't be right as all are in the share market. Someone please explain!!!!!!

Good luck and stay positive. Our day will come. Ted

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.