STO 2.24% $7.86 santos limited

26M Gross Short, page-39

1. 450 Posts.
    Pbnewby - never say never me old chum. Oil can crash, and Goldies has tagged US$20 as a distinct possibility for several months.

No one knows where oil will land, and even though we can hope and prey and think we are using logic, the worst thing you can do is fall in love with a stock or let emotions cloud judgement.

I believe in STO, and even though I am disappointed in management over the past 12 months, I do see a fairly good risk/reward trade here. I don't love the stock, and I don't kneel beside my bed at night hoping it will go up. It would be nice if it goes up, but I am fully aware this thing has the potential to go down.

To me, the A$3.85 has a good chance of holding, at least until the rights issue is out of the way. Any sellers under that will likely hold, rather than sell at a loss. Some hedge funds and prop desks could sell below that and still make money, as they will have been setting themselves up for further falls. They are good at managing that side of things. But that won't be massive selling pressure (my guess).

I have 12,200 shares of STO now, and sleep well at night. If it goes to A$2 I won't be happy but I will still not lose sleep over it.

Just don't get emotional and don't waste your time trying to prove to others here that it is worth so much more and rant on about conspiracy theories. it is what it is, and there will be some manipulation as issuers try to get the deal done, and underwriters try to lessen their exposure - but there are no creepers on here from the big end of town trying to scare us all, and a lone wolf trying to convince others it is cheap isn't going to move it either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.