DOW 0.00% 48.4¢ downer edi limited ordinary shares

Ann: MINE: DOW: Update on Christmas Creek Contract

1. lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    • Release Date: 05/04/16 08:31
    • Summary: MINE: DOW: Update on Christmas Creek Contract
    • Price Sensitive: No
    • Download Document  3.1KB
    					DOW                                                                           
    05/04/2016 08:31                                                              
    MINE                                                                          
    PRICE SENSITIVE                                                               
    REL: 0831 HRS Downer EDI Limited                                              

MINE: DOW: Update on Christmas Creek Contract                                 

Media/ASX and NZX Release                                                     
    4 April 2016                                                                  
    UPDATE ON CHRISTMAS CREEK CONTRACT                                            

Downer EDI Limited (Downer) announced today that it is in discussions with    
    Fortescue Metals Group about the transition of the Christmas Creek mine to an 
    owner operator model at the expiry of the current mining services contract on 
    30 September 2016.                                                            

Over the course of the next six months it is Downer's intention to provide a  
    safe and orderly handover of the Christmas Creek mine operation to Fortescue. 
    Downer has provided mining services to Fortescue at the Christmas Creek mine  
    since September 2010.                                                         

The transition to an owner operator model at Christmas Creek is not expected  
    to have an impact on Downer's 2016 financial results.                         

About Downer                                                                  
    Downer EDI Limited (Downer) is a leading provider of services to customers in 
    markets including: Transport Services; Rail; Mining; Utilities Services;      
    Technology and Communications Services; and Engineering, Construction &       
    Maintenance. We build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly 
    understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading      
    insights and solutions. Downer employs about 20,000 people across more than   
    200 sites and projects, mostly in Australia and New Zealand, but also in the  
    Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa. For more on Downer,   
    visit: www.downergroup.com.                                                   

For further information please contact:                                       
    Michael Sharp, Group Head of Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations +61     
    439 470 145                                                                   
    End CA:00280321 For:DOW    Type:MINE       Time:2016-04-05 08:31:14           				

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOW (NZSX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.