XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

@redbackaThe best way to salvage some of your otherwise good...

1. 9,938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 104

@redbacka

The best way to salvage some of your otherwise good reputation is to accept that you are wrong and move on.

This saga began back in February this year when in your post : Post #: 66202117
    you claimed:

"XJO can be a bit deceptive on a chart as it always opens at the same level as the previous day's close (WRONG! says CK). Never any gaps on an XJO chart (WRONG! says CK). STW is a tracking ETF for the XJO and can often give clues as to investors' thinking not available from the index (WRONG! says CK)."

I called you out for these glaring inaccuracies. STW possesses no such magical powers. Its a bleeding ETF and nothing more. You seemed to have accomplished the seemingly impossible task of packing more mistakes than words in a single paragraph.
    I have since pointed out your mistakes on more than one occasion. e.g. my post of a couple of days ago: Post #:

Clarifying STW.
    Day-to-Day STW does not track XJO, it tracks XJT (ASX 200 Total Return Index).
    This is because when a company goes ex-dividend, XJO goes "ex-dividend" with it.
    STW and XJT on the other hand, accrue the dividend

XJO and STW align at the beginning of each quarter.

Then, as more and more companies go ex-dividend, the gap between XJO and STW widens, and STW moves as per XJT.

In a desperate attempt to salvage something from the wreckage, you start to back-pedal and do some desperate googling.
    In your post of this morning, you state: Post #:

State Street says:
    "The SPDR® S&P®/ASX 200 Fund, seeks to closely match, before fees and expenses, the returns of the S&P/ASX 200 Index."
    State Street on their website explicitly state that the benchmark is the XJO Accumulation Index.
    The other well known "tracking ETF for XJO" is IOS, run by Black Rock. Black Rock also explicitly state that the benchmark for IOS is the XJO Accumulation Index.

For starters, if you are going to counter my arguments with a hastily conducted google search, you could at least retrieve up to date information.
    For starters, the XJO Accumulation Index (XJOA) no longer exists. It has been superseded by guess what ? XJT - ASX 200 Gross Total Return Index.
    In other words, you are trying to counter my argument, by repeating to me what I had told you hours earlier. This is champagne comedy.

As for your claim that the XJO is not tradeable, may I remind you that there are large liquid markets for both the ASX200 spot and the ASX290 futures and options markets. Your claim would particularly surprise most of the posters on this thread who continually claim that they are bigshot Index traders paper-traders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.