283 rental properties; anyone we know?

1. 5,156 Posts.
    ‘Greed’: Man with 283 rental properties lashed after claiming he can’t afford rental freeze

A landlord with hundreds of properties has stunned Australians after he claimed he couldn’t afford a rental freeze to help struggling tenants.

Radio host Ben Fordham was stunned this morning after a caller revealed he had a staggering 283 rental properties to his name – but still couldn’t afford to help out tenants doing it tough.

A listener, identified only as David, called in to Sydney radio station 2GB on Thursday to discuss a new push by the Greens to roll out a nationwide, two-year freeze on rent increases to try to ease pressure on tenants given the current cost of living crisis.

This morning, David went on air to offer a landlord’s perspective, but left the radio host speechless when he confirmed just how huge his portfolio actually was.

“I’m a landlord … I do the right thing by my tenants, I don’t jack up the rent every chance that I get,” he began.
    Fordham then asked exactly how many properties David owned, and was momentarily speechless when he admitted the number was just shy of 300, with the caller insisting he had “worked hard for that” and bought his first property at the age of just 17.
    [...]

https://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/renting/greed-man-with-283-rental-properties-lashed-after-claiming-he-cant-afford-rental-freeze/news-story/3dbc5b0877cc9fb6ed46ae00f5c75fe0

What is David's real name? We have a politician (from a party that detests capitalism) who has a significant property portfolio. Is he using the name David as pseudonym to conceal his real identity?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.