If I built a new place or reno'd a kitchen these days - no...

1. 80,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    If I built a new place or reno'd a kitchen these days - no matter what the budget potential -

I'd be very tempted to not put in a fixed hotplate and oven - and, just go with a fixed exhaust system - but, benchtop induction cooktop, microwave, benchtop glass oven cooker (with a real element, not a light) - the cleaning alone is bliss in comparison to the traditional

I think it's a far better system and it's heaps cheaper and easily and cheaply upgraded ----------- IMO - the old traditional is way beyond the useby,

I've had a benchtop induction in my boat for a year now and I've been using it for about 6 months to boil water for coffee and tea - it took me 6 months to find the 'perfect' kettle -

only yesterday I discovered something really cute ----- normally I had been bringing it to boil for coffee - then, just switching it off and warming the double walled plunger and cup first - then, making the coffee.

Yesterday something happened and I had to turn it off - but, had to do something before the process ----------- so, instead of turning it off - I just flicked the cooker down from 2000 watts to 200 watts

wow - that was cute --------- the kettle stopped whistling instantly - but, then, gave this cute little whistle for just a second or so every 10 seconds ----- a great game I thought

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.