XJO 0.76% 7,981.3 s&p/asx 200

29/08 Indices, page-200

1. 2,398 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2603
    Cheers for that mate.

Yes, time in the market is experience you can't buy or get from a book.

Similar to surfing.
    Doesn't matter if you're coordinated and learn all the moves on land. You need time in the water to understand rips, banks, where to sit, when to paddle for what.

Can have all the skills as a paper trader but add real money and then you get the emotional side that no new trader is ready for.

Emotional moves have certainly been an issue with my ST stuff. That's why I prefer to go heavier on BBOZ than a CFD trade on XJO.

BBOZ I have my targets and somehow react differently to the money movements of my account.

Aussie 200 is too easy to tap out when you see profit and shift over to another trade that looks shinier and prettier.

I think the hefty brokerage on BBOZ and BBUS also help to stay in the trade rather than flip quickly. This also keeps me patient for bigger set ups.

Not sure if you're on Twitter and open to direct messaging but I'd be interested to chat more to you bout your algo stuff (also no issue at all if you don't - just thought I'd stop this thread getting clogged)

My Twitter handle is Launched08

Like you I review often and as far as ST stuff goes my biggest issues are the emotional trades or getting into a half baked set ups just because I'm bored and think I should be.

So anything that can help me remove that is something of great interest to me.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.