BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

2gb interview, page-8

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    And how do we get results without cash. The more people that know about and have an interest in BLT the better. 60 minutes did a piece last night about a family with the BRAC1 gene that increases risk of breast and ovarian cancer. They lost their grandmother to the disease, the mother has relapsed, two sisters took the extreme measure of having their breasts and ovaries removed. The brother has fortunately tested negative, so he can't pass it on to his daughter, and their father passed away last week from cancer. The third sister now has terminal ovarian cancer, is wasting away, hoping to get into a clinical trial in Germany, but doesn't have the funds. She thought she had time on her side as she is much younger.

This family is not aware that a technology developed in their own state of qld is being used in a P2 trial for ovarian cancer in Texas, because BLT can't do any of the research themselves due to lack of funds, bad timing, patent interference, and a crappy government blinded by easy money made out of selling iron ore, whilst ignoring all other industries, including biotech, cutting much needed grants, which only further hinders investment.

BLT need all the exposure we can get. I'm sorry, but I cannot be disappointed in the interview at all. Peter was very matter of fact about the difficulties faced and even acknowleged that shareholders have had about as much as they can take, whilst suggesting, if the tech works, their patience is about to pay off.

Pfizer were not just helping out BLT in getting the documentation to BLT for RAC and FDA approval. They don't do things out of the goodness of their heart (they don't have one). IMO, they have a verbal agreement that they will have rights of first refusal before the commencement of clinical trails. I really cannot see Pfizer passing on an inexpensive P1 clinical trail, once the necessary green light has been given especially after having 100 scientists working on the program and spending many millions. I suspect that their risk profile simply changed and wanted someone else to take the risk up to this point.

It has worked in their favour. They could probably get it back on similar or better terms than their original collaboration with Tacere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.