VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

also, the most concerning part is that vpg has asked its banks...

1. 274 Posts.
    also, the most concerning part is that vpg has asked its banks to restructure its debt and covenants.

some things i observed with afg and bnb trying to do this are:

1. the banks have absolutely no sense of urgency. they will drag talks out as long as they can to s crew vpg even harder. take a look at afg, it took them 8 months of negotiations to restructure the debt. meanwhile the vpg share price will languish at these levels until the negotiations are resolved. the uncertainty will slowly kill vpg and destroy its capacity to do deals in the future.

2. there will be severe penalty interest. interest rates are falling and that should be good for vpg, but don't expect vpg to get anything out of it. the banks will completely milk vpg for higher interest rates and charges.

so basically its going to be a painful wait until vpg is able to reach a settlement with its bankers, if it is able to reach one at all and they don't throw the company into administration. and the longer it drags on, the more damages will be done to vpg.

don't forget the company said it would provide an UPDATE on february 25. i don't expect this issue to be resolved for at least 6 months knowing the banks and how they treat companies in distress.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.