BOQ 1.61% $6.32 bank of queensland limited.

Let this be a salutary warning to all you chartists. A Chart is...

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Let this be a salutary warning to all you chartists. A Chart is only a rough indication of where a Company's stock has been. Not a record of where the company itself has been.

The Chart by itself has little or no bearing on where a company or its stock are going. Say for instance ZXY company's stock price has ben falling steadily for years. It has not paid a dividend for five years, last year it made a loss and its communications with shareholders looks as if a Trappist Monk is the PR/Communications manager. Also in the last 2 years it has acquired a significant level of debt. Mainly because the shorters had driven the price down to levels where a SPP would no longer raise the capital he needed.

Righto. They had earlier employed a manager who was an engineering and tech whizz, and gave him carte blanche to modernize the company. He kept just a core of non-productive staff, and paid them minimum wages and performance-bonus shares escrowed for a number of years. then he convened a meeting with his technical/production staff and did the same. He also made strategic acquisitions along the way, hence the debt.

So. Within a year of getting it all up and running, the share price had increased 10 times, and the shorters had been well burnt. So show me any chart which could have predicted that. By then, the SP was back to its old glory days, and looking to rise steadily.

I have had that happen to me three times, for I got too impatient, and sold. For by nature, I am a short-term investor. Anything over twelve months, is approaching infinity.

Regards....Marum

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.32
Change
0.100(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $4.169B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.24 $6.32 $6.21 $19.34M 3.072M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6349 $6.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.33 16888 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.31
  Change
0.100 ( 1.43 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.22 $6.31 $6.22 418750
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
BOQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.