SBM 7.69% 21.0¢ st barbara limited

Hi Guys, Bit painful for everyone I guess. SBM went ex- dividend...

1. 950 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402
    Hi Guys,

Bit painful for everyone I guess.

SBM went ex- dividend on the 3rd of March.

JP Morgan and Credit Suisse both became substantial holder on the same day.
    Since then both of them have increased their holdings by another 17-18% in the next 3 trading days.

Prior to their Substantial Holder notification, trading volume in SBM had greatly increased...almost twice than normal from the 19th Feb till today.

The whole thing is very confusing and suspicious at the same time.
    Who is shorting, who is lending ,who is buying and who is selling. And the big question is WHY. Obviously all parties involved wants to make money. The trick is to figure out how exactly they are planning to make money.

The ex-dividend day is common in both of the substantial holder notice. How can it possibly happen.....it is not accidental. From J.P Morgan's notice, they have borrowed stocks from 4-5 different sources including Blackrock. And Credit Suisse same from 4-5 different sources including Blackrock. If the borrower issues a initiation of substantial holder notice shouldn't the lender issue cessation of Substantial holder notice. Maybe then Blackrock have only lent to not affect their substantial position i.e still holding over 5%.

As far as Blackrock and other parties who have lent the shares.....they got their dividend and they will pick up the fees for lending.

Very confusing everything.

So to sum it up I think JP Morgan and Credit Suisse both have worked in cahoots by borrowing SBM shares from different sources. They have already played their game by borrowing and shorting. In this entire process they have managed to separate a lot of retail and sophisticated investors from their SBM shares.

Please throw some ideas or opinion if anyone has... Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.015(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $171.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 20.0¢ $2.213M 10.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 361025 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 1595913 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.