LOM 1.45% 7.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

[IMG] I would like to welcome the many newcomers to the LOM...

1. 7 Posts.

I would like to welcome the many newcomers to the LOM thread, it is great to see so much interest and discussion. I thought I would create this image with the hopes of providing the new followers a very basic visual understanding of the main Lulo area and it's potential, by showing past significant diamond discoveries and also the current kimberlite bulk sampling locations.

As many of the long termers are aware, prior to the recent diamonds that were discovered in the Se251 kimberlite we had already discovered 2 diamond bearing pipes. The K170 kimberlite was the first, with a micro diamond being recovered from a hand dug pit after not being able to get machinery in due to the difficulty of the terrain (this can be found in the quarterly report released on 26 June 2012). The second a 0.6 ct gem quality diamond was recovered from the Se019 kimberlite, this was the first commercial-sized diamond recovered from a kimberlite source (this can be found in the quarterly report released on 28 March 2013).

The area containing the 4.4 ct pink diamond and the numerous type 2a diamonds is known as the Se46 Alluvial Area. The gravels that have so far been processed in this area have been exceedingly high, with bulk samples averaging more than 20 ct per 100 cubic metres (this can be found in quarterly report released on 31 October 2013). Also of note is that Se019 kimberlite appears to be found in a tributary up stream from the Se46 alluvial area. Whether it is the source, or part of the source of this rich alluvial area is still be determined.

All the areas shaded in blue are areas of past artisanal diamond diggings which speaks for itself in terms of where diamonds have been recovered, and only points out there are many more areas that need to be tested, especially to the south east of Se248 to Se019 and beyond. The rest of the image speaks for itself in terms of the LOM's massive potential due to the number, size, rarity (type 2a diamonds account for 1-2% of all diamonds recovered in the world) and also the price per carat being paid for these diamonds so far (average of $US 6,526), and not to mention the numerous kimberlites identified (more than 250) with more than 60 selected for priority testing.

This has only been a very, and I mean very brief description of some LOM's exploration activities and hope it has helped some of you to get a basic visual idea of the area, but as always do you own research and wish all holders, especially the long termers all the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $20.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.4¢ 7.0¢ $42.21K 602.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 14170 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.49pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.